Scale out #Kubernetes with #Nuage: Installation notes

Howdy, Kubernetes is the dreamed orchestration tool for any developer. However, it could be a nightmare for security guys (get online images make them cringe). After all, K8s manages containers with apps and databases connected to an overlay network. Containers could have sensible information. They could be exploded and used to attack internal/external assets. Nuage will help to microsegment containers and even put security instances … Continue reading Scale out #Kubernetes with #Nuage: Installation notes

Dockers – Nuage shows off micro-segmentation on containers.

Yes! I could dig into containers finally. My first impression is they are faster and easier to handle. I am seeing a hard future for hypervisors. However, Apps must to be designed to work on that sort of constant change. Nuage brings a really good microsegmentation to them and help us to bring advanced routing, security and networks settings (i.e. forwarding, QoS) I am not … Continue reading Dockers – Nuage shows off micro-segmentation on containers.

#MontySummit 2015: @CounterTack protects from new attack vector

#MontySummit (montgomerysummit.com) gathers entrepreneurs, investors, and leading executives to discover the most important innovations in business and technology. Here you have my impressions from one of their 30min sessions: Countertack A Security Solution implemented at Endpoint level. Based on Detection & Respond thru Machine Learning. Some stats: 64k incidents in 2014; Since 2005  4458 breaches (Costs 500.000B) Endpoint is the new attack vector in the market CounterTack’s Mission: put … Continue reading #MontySummit 2015: @CounterTack protects from new attack vector

Would Bitcoin break the foreseen cloud’s adoption paradigm?

Now let’s go for some future-logistic (or maybe some tech-apocalypses) Based on the note “These Are the Hottest New Open Source Projects Right Now” and specifically in the section “Beyond Bitcoin”, I have to say projects like Storj, IPFS and OpenBazaar make my mind rolls. Bitcoin is a beautiful concept – some kind of altruist-  and I can think there millions, including myself, expecting what will … Continue reading Would Bitcoin break the foreseen cloud’s adoption paradigm?

The Best #DDoS protection: #DevOps

We’ve started selling online VPS on #OpenStack two years ago when #DDoS wasn’t so Distributed. Now, it’s our number one concern in our services and we’ve done lot of changes over the time in our Cloud Infrastructure to protect ourselves. It’s a Pity, that an important part of these instances are bought to attack outside sites and we were in the duty to suspend their services – we don’t want … Continue reading The Best #DDoS protection: #DevOps

Rules of the game “PCI Compliance” | CHANGE as a Service

Marco, amazing note. You have exposed everything to get the PCI Compl. thanks It’s a pleasure announce that in September of this year, all datacenters in México, Central America and Caribbean had the certification as PCI Compliance. via Rules of the game “PCI Compliance” | CHANGE as a Service. Continue reading Rules of the game “PCI Compliance” | CHANGE as a Service

ENTERPRISE MALWARE – PART I | CHANGE as a Service

Ups! I didn’t know malware’s got to such so serious and scary numbers! Thanks Erick for sharing. It’s kind of scary the increase of malware downloads in the enterprise environment. During 2012, almost half (43%) of the organizations had at least one case on which one user downloaded malware in an average of at least one per day, and the remaining 57% experimented one malware … Continue reading ENTERPRISE MALWARE – PART I | CHANGE as a Service

Openstack: More advanced ways to control your coming-in traffic with Neutron

In my previous post “THERE’S REAL MAGIC BEHIND OPENSTACK NEUTRON” I’ve talked how OpenStack Neutron and OpenVSwitch work together to provide basic network virtual elements to your project. You can create virtual routers, get network services like DHCP and DNS to your assets, Floating IP addresses and private subnets. Besides all this important stuff – basically you cannot be efficient enough to build your web … Continue reading Openstack: More advanced ways to control your coming-in traffic with Neutron

Is LATAM already prepared to face Hybrid Cloud Solutions?

Is there any doubt to take your IT stuff into the cloud? Of course THERE IS, nobody argues it, but it doesn’t mean that you are not thinking of doing it anyway, at least taking some part of your IT Services. What applications/processes are really prepared to do that? Or maybe the right question would be: What applications/processes do you feel sure to move out … Continue reading Is LATAM already prepared to face Hybrid Cloud Solutions?